Monday, August 27, 2012

A Peek Into My Diary














Was wanting to share a peek into my art journal with you all today.  I love catching glimpses of other's art journals because it inspires prompts for my own.  Here are the prompts I used for my own art journal that you can now use in your own!

Today: Write a few sentences about what made this day unique. (image 1, 2 & 3)

Habits: What is a new habit you have recently formed.  It could be good or bad, but we are always forming new habits. (image 4)

Thankful: Make a list of all the things you are thankful for today.  It will truly make your heart swell. (image 5)

Color Story:  Put together a bunch of colors that you are loving right now.  I went through my washi tape and picked some favorites, but you can use magazines, paint samples, or even fingernail polish to put together your own color story. (image 6)

Love List: Make a list of the things you love.  I tried to include things that are unique to this stage in my life like going to the city and grandpa sweaters but had to include things I will love forever and ever like Dr. Pepper.  This page is part of the online journaling class I am taking through Elsie & Rachel.  You can sign up for the class as well, just click here. (image 7)

Calendar: I have been creating a cute calendar in my journal each month.  I use it to map out my blog posts and mark down ideas.  Aren't you just loving the floral print.  For those of you who don't recognize it, it is from my favorite Aussie magazine, Frankie.  Yes, I will be subscribing to it when I move back to the USA as well, even though it will probably cost me double, it is worth it!  (image 8)

Explore Your City:  Find a favorite spot in your city and document it.  Include what you like about it, favorite cafes, shops, scenic views, whatever.  My current favorite spot in Sydney is Newtown.  I love the shops that exist there and one day want to own one very similar.

Thats enough peeking for now.  I hope I've inspired you to get out the scissors and glue and start creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment