this morning, this thought ran through my mind several times. whatever goals you are working towards- whether you are trying to eat healthy (and just blew it over the weekend), start a new workout routine, getting more organized, trying to stop a bad habit, wanting to take up a daily quiet time, or just overwhelmed with what life has thrown at you the past couple of weeks, remember....
Saturday, June 4, 2011
just wanted to seize the day and wish dad and mom a happy anniversary! and how are they celebrating? well right now they are outside cleaning air conditioners for a family in our church who lost theirs in the flash flood earlier this week. i love how you both are so willing to give!
Posted by Christy at 6:38 PM
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Last night was a crazy evening of storms and rain. The result has been craziness in our little town. Keeping all of you who have experienced serious flooding in my prayers.
the backstops at the ball fields.
for those of you who have ever played disc golf with me, this is the place you tee off for hole 4, my favorite hole. this view is much different than it used to be!
my favorite foot bridge has been turned into a raging river!
these two ducks weren't very happy about their home being taken over
does that not look like a parrot in the tree? i didn't realize that until i got home.
the ducks decided if you can't beat em, join em.
Posted by Christy at 6:03 PM
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Monday was dedicated to a color that I love dearly. I love it so much, it is the main color at my wedding in October!
some wedding decorations!
currently two of my favorite items in my kitchen.
spring has began to burst forth!
i have always loved this sign. if this sign ever goes up for sale, i hope to own it!
today's focus is springing up all around me, signifying life, growth and lush!
Posted by Christy at 1:57 PM
Monday, March 21, 2011
my week in color began yesterday with none other than shades on honeysuckle. selected because it is pantone's color of the year!
yesterday was like looking at the world through rose colored glasses :) Here are some lovely things I discovered!
vintage wallpaper in opossum lodge. we worked all day on saturday to gut the second story and accomplished it!
my contact case...happiness!
i love these shoes from target, i love the colorful lining even more. yesterday was so beautiful, i couldn't help but let my toes peak out into the world!
the best candy ever is in the shade of pink...STRAWBERRY MENTOS!
this note hangs on my refrigerator and is a reminder every single day to keep my priorities in check.
the entry way to my house :)
in this picture they look red, but i promise you, my toenails are an amazing shade of vibrant pink.
colorful straws make life so much more fun!
and say hello to today's color. cheery and bright....yellow!
would you like to join me in my photography challenge?
Posted by Christy at 10:13 AM
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Thursday, March 3, 2011
i'm back to start this month off with 10 ways to make it special the march edition. check it out, and make march 2011 your best month yet!
1. do a wardrobe remix on your closet. look at the clothes you have and try and put together at least one new outfit that you might never have thought about before. try a new color combination, mixing prints or adding unique accessories like a scarf or belt. then, the most important part....wear it confidently :)
2. write a letter to a friend just because. who doesn't love getting snail mail?
3. in kansas, during march, the signs of spring begin to show (i just saw some today...eek!!!!) take advantage of those days that warm up to above 50 and go for a walk with your camera or camera phone, and snap pictures of the signs of spring that begin popping up everywhere.
4. secretly purchase dessert for a table of people you don't know at a restaurant. this idea comes from my fiancée. it will not only make their day, but yours as well.
5. this one is for you journalers out there. instead of writing all about your day, draw your favorite part of the day or draw something that you are thankful for. it adds interest to your journal pages, and encourages both right and left brain usage (and we all need a little more of that!)
6. play a board game with someone. i really think we forget how enjoyable board games can be. call some friends up, grab some simple snacks and delicious beverages, and go for it. here are some of my favorites:
7. try nutella. if you have never had this delicious treat then you are missing out. i recommend it on toast with sliced bananas, used as dipping sauce for sliced apples, or straight on with spoon in the jar and lick. by the way, i'm going to make nutella hot chocolate tonight. you can too. check out the recipe here. yummmy!
8. build a fort. you know you had amazing fort building skills when you were a kid. start to embrace your inner child and try it again. (you'll probably find you're even better at it as an adult). now, what to do with your fort? sleep inside it for a night. have a family dinner inside. get cozy with your friends and watch a movie in it. or just lay there and marvel at the new little happy world you created.
9. put a little spring in your life. add a pop of pink or green to your home, go outside and cut something natural and bring it in. Change of the scents in your home from winter cozy cinnamons and vanillas to springtime freshness like clean cottons and peony.
10. join me in my "live in color week," march 20-26th. each day will be assigned a color. then, as a professional or amateur photographer we will snap pictures throughout our day of objects we find in our environments that fit into that color category. throughout the week we'll be sharing these pictures on our blogs, facebook, and flickr pages.
have a wonderful march everyone!
Posted by Christy at 8:21 PM