i'm back to start this month off with 10 ways to make it special the march edition. check it out, and make march 2011 your best month yet!
1. do a wardrobe remix on your closet. look at the clothes you have and try and put together at least one new outfit that you might never have thought about before. try a new color combination, mixing prints or adding unique accessories like a scarf or belt. then, the most important part....wear it confidently :)
2. write a letter to a friend just because. who doesn't love getting snail mail?
3. in kansas, during march, the signs of spring begin to show (i just saw some today...eek!!!!) take advantage of those days that warm up to above 50 and go for a walk with your camera or camera phone, and snap pictures of the signs of spring that begin popping up everywhere.
4. secretly purchase dessert for a table of people you don't know at a restaurant. this idea comes from my fiancée. it will not only make their day, but yours as well.
5. this one is for you journalers out there. instead of writing all about your day, draw your favorite part of the day or draw something that you are thankful for. it adds interest to your journal pages, and encourages both right and left brain usage (and we all need a little more of that!)
6. play a board game with someone. i really think we forget how enjoyable board games can be. call some friends up, grab some simple snacks and delicious beverages, and go for it. here are some of my favorites:
7. try nutella. if you have never had this delicious treat then you are missing out. i recommend it on toast with sliced bananas, used as dipping sauce for sliced apples, or straight on with spoon in the jar and lick. by the way, i'm going to make nutella hot chocolate tonight. you can too. check out the recipe here. yummmy!
8. build a fort. you know you had amazing fort building skills when you were a kid. start to embrace your inner child and try it again. (you'll probably find you're even better at it as an adult). now, what to do with your fort? sleep inside it for a night. have a family dinner inside. get cozy with your friends and watch a movie in it. or just lay there and marvel at the new little happy world you created.
9. put a little spring in your life. add a pop of pink or green to your home, go outside and cut something natural and bring it in. Change of the scents in your home from winter cozy cinnamons and vanillas to springtime freshness like clean cottons and peony.
10. join me in my "live in color week," march 20-26th. each day will be assigned a color. then, as a professional or amateur photographer we will snap pictures throughout our day of objects we find in our environments that fit into that color category. throughout the week we'll be sharing these pictures on our blogs, facebook, and flickr pages.
have a wonderful march everyone!