Friday, November 19, 2010

My One True Love


What draws you to someone?  Seriously, take a moment and think about the people in your life.  What draws you to them?  We all have a reason for the people we have in our lives, the people view as important, worth our time, would like to know better. 

What draws people to you?  What makes you unique?  What causes others to think, that person is special?  They have something about them that makes me want to get to know them, spend time with them, hear their thoughts on this or that.

We all have our reasons and thoughts, but let me propose a verse to you tonight that Harvey Carey spoke on this evening.  1 Samuel 16:7: ‘But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have accepted him.  The LORD does not look at the things that man looks at.  Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.’”

When I honestly ask myself these questions, I come to realize that the people that I most often admire, the people I want to be around, sit down and have coffee with and here their thoughts on the world, are most often the people who have Jesus, and they actively are pursuing Him every single day. Their faith is genuine, real.  They know who they are in the eyes of the Creator, and they humbly accept their role as His servant, not glorified religious people.  Jesus is their one true love.  Not their husbands or wives, not their children, not their friends, and not themselves.  Jesus is their one true love.

Since the LORD is looking at your heart, I ask you this question to you, who or what does He see as your one true love?

What is it that you put your trust in?  What is it that you focus your time on?  What makes your world go around?  What do you get out of bed for every single day?  I’m going to be honest with you.  Sadly, Jesus is not my answer to this question every single day of my life, but I want Him to be. 

I truly feel like the past year of my life has been Jesus continuously pulling at me to bring me back to Him. I have had to trust Him with blind faith, there have been days when I couldn’t have went on if I didn’t know that Jesus was the one not only walking beside me, but holding me up with His mighty hand.  Jesus has been getting my attention, to let me know that I am His one true love.  

Just like you would do with any other love in your life, I must daily cultivate my relationship with Jesus.  Spend time in His Word, talk with Him, get to know who God is and what His heart is like.  Because when I am in that place, where I know confidently that I am Jesus’ one true love and that He is mine, it is the most beautiful spot to be in.  Seriously, words cannot explain it, so I’m not going to try.  I simply want to encourage you to go there, and meet the LORD who calls you by name, who calls you his child, who loves you unconditionally. 

Meeting God can be scary, I know exactly how that feels, to have all of your junk strung out before Him.  But know this brothers and sisters, God already knows your junk, He wants you to stop carrying it.  So tonight, its time to get intimate with God.  Fall before Him, tell Him where you are at, where you want to be, and that you’re ready to fall back in love with Him.  I promise you brothers and sisters, He will not disappoint you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment