Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine Cupcake DIY

Cupcake toppers are nothing new, but when you are living on a budget, sometimes you need to get a little creative in order to make something cute and affordable.  So here are my Valentine cupcake toppers that are super cute, super fast, super easy and fun to use on Valentines Day.

What you need: Scissors, Pen, Paint Chips (I don't know what I'll ever do if hardware stores stop giving these away!!!), toothpicks, tape

First, trace a heart pattern on the back of a paint chip.




Now, simply cut them out


Tape a toothpick on the back of each heart 




And then enjoy. I put mine in cupcakes I made for my friends here in Australia.  You could us them in appetizers, ice cream, or even your valentine steak or sandwich





You could also get the colors used for candy hearts, and write the messages on them in red ink, like "sweet heart" or "hot stuf."  Nothing like classic Valentine candy :)

Happy Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment