Saturday, April 7, 2012

† = ♥

Easter weekend is here!  Such a beautiful celebration that Jesus has defeated death all because He loved us so much.  I can't believe I haven't blogged about how Hillsong church celebrates Easter until now, but after a few questions from some of you, I thought I would share what my Easter celebration will look like here in Australia. 

A few weeks ago, we were given cloth bags complete with chalk.  We were encouraged to chalk all over the city † = ♥.  Cross equals heart.  The cross is truly a representation of how much God loves us.  The cool thing is, that people have gotten super creative with how they have shared the symbol with the city.  And it has been a wonderful reminder throughout lent, what Easter is all about.  Often I would see † = ♥ on my way to work on sidewalks, on light poles, car windows, shaved into people's heads, even written in the sky.  








If you want to find out what † = ♥ and live here in Sydney, join us at the Sydney Entertainment Center, Sunday night at 5:00pm.  It is sure to be a wonderful celebration!  For those of you around the world reading this, I wish you could come and celebrate with us, but I encourage you to take part in your city's own celebration.  Because when you get down to it, any Christian church in your area will be celebrating † = ♥ on Easter Sunday.  Our Sydney celebration will include teaching from Reinhard Bonnke, music, and so much more.

Happy Easter Everyone!  Christ Is Risen!  Christ Is Risen Indeed!

love, the kids down under

images: 1) chalk bags handed out. 2) a barista at hillsong shows his skills. 3) by the harbour 4) in the sky
5) in the rain. 6) on the sand.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely way to keep the meaning of the Christian Easter celebration fresh on people's minds! I love this idea: maybe it will spread to my city next year? Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete