Monday, April 23, 2012

cafe ♥: the baron

 I have a dream of one day owning my own vintage store and cafe.  I'm still not one hundred percent how those two dreams fit together, but my desire is to own a business that is a "treat" for people to come to.  I want people to walk into my storefront excited about what they will experience, come in and be inspired and refreshed, and walk out the doors giddy; ready to take on life.  


Sydney has some of the greatest cafes in the world, so I figure my time here will be a great chance to discover, take notes, and daydream about the future.  So welcome to a new feature on the blog, cafe ♥. 


This week I visited a cafe that just vibed with me, The Baron.  Sadly, I didn't have a lot of time to snap tons of photos, but here are a few snapshots that I grabbed.  




Some things I loved:  The menu is printed on kraft paper and given to you on a clipboard.  Water is served to you in old whiskey bottles.  I ordered an iced coffee, which included a scoop of vanilla ice cream and had a short black straw.  My brother Brock and I have always had a thing for black straws.  I think it stems from watching Laguna Beach.



Dane ordered a Phoenix, which is a completely organic cola from New Zealand.  I'm not much of a cola girl, but this was smooth and lovely.  One of my favorite drinks here in Australia is the sparkling lemonade, so I am hoping to get my hands on a Phoenix lemonade someday in the near future.





The decor of The Baron is right up my alley, which could also be known as something you would pick up out of an alley.  This wall had been covered with "junk" wood, vintage fold up seats lean against the wall, and of course, we all know my obsession with vintage bikes, but a vintage yellow bike...happiness!


If you want to read more about The Baron check out their website and menus here.  I promise I will return and bring back more!

No comments:

Post a Comment