Sunday, May 20, 2012

a celebration

Welcome to our week long blog session!  I'm excited to share with you all the events that made up my 30th birthday celebration, starting with the actual day of birth, May the second.


I woke up that morning to a fun surprise being tucked in next to me, Dane's family gifted me a lovely owl to add to my collection.  Dane and I have named her Pearl.  Dane said that wasn't the only surprise of the day, but I should keep my eyes open for little surprises.


And then I found lovely notes and a cake to greet me.










Right before we took the above picture, I almost dropped the cake off the tray.  So thankful it didn't happen, but even more thankful that this picture captured the moment.



My housemate Sarah-Anne came home with breakfast for me, all my favorites!  She cooked for me and we enjoyed a good chat.


And my lovely housemates gifted me with Donna Hay.  Just in case you don't know who or what Donna Hay is, she is like the Australian version of Martha Stewart.  This month's magazine is all about caramels.  Who wouldn't love it!


And then I was off to college to spend part of the day with Dane.  When I arrived, everyone was wishing me a happy birthday, even people I didn't know.  I wasn't sure what was going on, but soon found out.  Dane had put in a praise report that his wife's birthday was that day.  They called him up on stage and he shared with everyone why he loved me.  I wasn't even there, but I felt so loved when hearing about this.  Dane, you are such a sweet husband.  I am so blessed to have you in my life.  On our walk home we shot a few birthday photos to capture the day.








After arriving home, I cracked open my first Dr. Pepper in 5 months.  I had been holding out for the sweet nectar of life, and yes, it was incredible!






And I spent some time open the sweet sweet gift and card Dane had gotten me.  Art journal supplies from my favorite store, Typo!!!!  Look for more of that soon!



That night Dane and I enjoyed my birthday dinner: marinated chicken breast, mashed potatoes, creamed corn, and apple cinnamon muffins.







It truly was a wonderful birthday.  One more fun moment I forgot to tell you about.  On May 1, my dear friends Alex and Jess showed up at my door with birthday popcorn.  Alex and Jess are my popcorn buddies!  We enjoyed the yumminess, chatting, and Australia's The Voice!


So there it is, my birthday, part one.  Be sure to check out the blog tomorrow for the amazing surprise birthday celebration Dane planned for me.  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment