Saturday, May 26, 2012

Singalong

I always enjoy a good sing along, don't you?  Takes me back to my childhood at Bebermeyer Christmas and scenes from "You've Got Mail," and "Must Love Dogs."  Ok, getting really off topic there.



In case you haven't heard of this guy yet, I would love to introduce you to one of my favorite worship leaders, Phil Wickham.  Phil and I first crossed paths in the fall of 2008 when he came to Manhattan, KS with the David Crowder Band as part of the Remedy Club Tour.  This was the first time I had ever seen worship lead by a one man band, just Phil and his acoustic guitar.  It was one of the most incredible worship experiences I have ever had.  Ever since then, I have been a fan of Phil and his work.

I got home from the concert that night and looked up Phil's website.  I found he was giving away a recording of his concert called Singalong.  It was very similar to the worship experience I had just had, Phil, his guitar, and a crowd of people singing their lungs out for Jesus.  A mixture of hymns, choruses and Phil's songs.  This quickly became one of my favorite worship albums and inspired me.  At that point and time, it was just my brother and I and our acoustic guitars, leading worship at church.  Phil had proven to me, that it didn't take a fancy band to help people connect to Jesus through song.

And here we are in 2012.  I am pumped to let you know, that Phil has done it again.  Singalong 2.  It just makes me giddy!

(photo courtesy of philwickham.com)

Yes, you can get your own copy, for free, and enjoy an incredible worship experience.  Thanks to Phil for producing wonderful albums, sharing your music, your heart, and your love for connecting people to Jesus through music.  To receive your copy just visit www.philwickham.com and follow the instructions on the page.

Join me, on the other side of the world, in a singalong.

No comments:

Post a Comment