Friday, June 22, 2012

Add a side of Adventure

So this post isn't title "Dave and Robin's Australian Adventure" because this was one adventure they didn't want to take with us.  What can I say, shopping and museums called.  But Dane, Amelia and myself decided to explore the Sea Shepherd's ship named "Bob Barker."  Yes, the Bob Barker.  



Now, I know many of you probably don't know anything about the sea shepherd organization.  I didn't until I spent a bit of time on their ship.  Their mission is: " to end the destruction of habitat and slaughter of wildlife in the world's oceans in order to conserve and protect ecosystems and species."  After our amazing whale adventure, I wanted to make sure these amazing species did not become extinct as well, so I was happy organizations like this exist in the world.  




Life on a boat has always amazed me, so it was so much fun exploring this ship.  My realization:  life on a boat is all about tiny spaces.







If you fell into the icy oceans off Antarctica you would last about thirty seconds.  In one of these suits you would last about 23 minutes, so you got a chance.  I think one of these suits would come in quite handy here in Australia where the houses aren't heated and there is no insulation.  







How often do you see a map from this perspective?


Bye Bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. The Sea Shepard is from Whale Wars, which is one of my favorite shows! I'm so jealous right now!

    ReplyDelete