Sunday, January 2, 2011

coffee at midnight

Coffee at 12:30am isn't a good choice for me, but I am thankful for the late night quiet time it brought to me on New Years Eve.  I guess it was really 4:00am on New Years Day, but after a week of vacation it all runs together, right?

As I lay awake journaling about the upcoming year, I started feeling anxious.  In the upcoming year, there is no doubt in my mind that there will be pain, sadness, hurt, disappointment, fights, apologies, and tears.  All of the sudden, I didn't want to face what was to come.  

I was in need of comfort and opened my Bible to read some words of wisdom, comfort & guidance.

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared or those who love Him."  - 1 Corinthians 2:9

God has prepared every part of my year.  He knows what is going to happen, He knows how much I can handle, He knows what I need in order to know Him better.  He knows if I'm going to have a sunny gorgeous wedding day.  He knows if my car will make it another year.  

As His child, He knows what is best for me, better than I myself know.  And in that, I find peace.

So for the first part of my memory work in 2011, I will cling to 1 Corinthians 2:9, and encourage you to do the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment